Captivating Spiti Valley
Tucked away in the lap of the Indian Himalayas, the Kinnaur and Spiti regions beckon adventurous souls and seekers of natural beauty alike.
This is the ideal full circuit trip where you get to move slow and experience different facets of these beautiful regions.
A journey through diverse landscapes, cultures, and emotions, leaving an everlasting impression. This trip will redefine your understanding of beauty, resilience, and the magnificence of the Himalayas.
- The apple belt of Himachal – Famous for Hatu Peak and Temple (2708 m)
- Local scenic beauty including wooden architecture, ancient temples & lovely meadows in Sangla
- Chitkul – Most famous as the last village on the old handstand – tibet route (3450 m)
- The Uninterrupted view of the Kinner Kailash peaks in Kalpa. (2960 m)
- Picturesque Nako Lake (3600 m)
- The perfectly well-preserved 593-year-old mummy at Gue (3200 m)
- Ancient monasteries with intricate murals at Tabo and Dhankar
- Highest motorable villages like Komic (4,587 m)
- Highest post office in the world at Hikkim (4,400 m)
- World’s highest bridge from sea level at Chicham (4,037 m)
- Fossil village at Langza (4,420 m)
- Breathtaking hikes to Dhankar Lake (4,140 m) and Chandrataal Lake (4,250 m)
- The high altitude Kunzum pass (4,551 m)
- Highest single-tube tunnel above 10,000 feet – Atal Tunnel (3,048 m)
|Day||Day Plan||Travel Time|
|Day 1||Chandigarh to Narkanda via Shimla, Kufri||6-7 hrs|
|Day 2||Narkanda to Sangla via Hatu Peak, Temple, Rampur||6-7 hrs|
|Day 3||Sangla to Kalpa via Rakcham & Chitkul||3-4 hrs|
|Day 4||Kalpa to Tabo via Khab, Nako & Gue||6-7 hrs|
|Day 5||Tabo to Kaza via Pin Valley (Mudh, Khungri) and Dhankar (optional - hike to Dhankar Lake)||4-5 hrs|
|Day 6||Kaza to Kye, Khibber, Chicham bridge & back||2-3 hrs|
|Day 7||Kaza to Langza, Hikkim Post Office, Komic & back (optional -hike from Langza to Komic)||3-4 hrs|
|Day 8||Kaza to Chandratal via Lohsar & Kunzum Pass||5-6 hrs|
|Day 9||Chandratal to Manali via Atal Tunnel and Solang Valley||6-7 hrs|
|Day 10||Manali to Chandigarh via Mandi||8-9 hrs|
|Add 1 day in Sangla for a relaxed trip or to hike in on the many trails in Sangla|
Your trip includes:
Your trip excludes:
As this is a cold desert, the weather varies throughout the day.
Here is the ultimate packing list for your Spiti trip.