Heart of Himachal - Shimla & Manali
Shimla, the “Queen of Hill Stations,” exudes colonial charm with scenic beauty and bustling bazaars. Manali, nestled in the Himalayas, offers thrilling adventures and serene landscapes in a vibrant atmosphere. Both Himachal destinations captivate travelers with unique experiences.
Whether you’re drawn to Shimla’s colonial elegance or Manali’s natural beauty and adventure, both destinations promise an unforgettable journey through Himachal Pradesh’s diverse landscapes and rich heritage.
- Manali Mall Road: A popular tourist spot in Himachal known for souvenir shopping and diverse street food options.
- Hidimba Temple: Ancient cave temple dedicated to Hidimbi Devi, surrounded by a cedar forest and built on a large rock.
- Vashisht: Village near Manali famous for its sulphurous hot water springs and three main temples.
- Atal Tunnel: The world’s highest single-tube tunnel above 10,000 feet.
- Solang Valley: Ski resort in winter and adventure sports destination in summer, offering activities like parachuting and paragliding.
- Rohtang Pass: An ancient trade route connecting Kullu Valley with Lahaul and Spiti Valleys, open from May to November.
- Naggar: Former capital of Kullu valley with Naggar Castle, now a heritage hotel, and the Nicholas Roerich museum showcasing his paintings.
- Shimla: Queen of Hill Stations with historic buildings and colonial charm. Viceregal Lodge: Also known as the Rashtrapati Niwas it is a stately colonial-era building in Shimla
- Jhakhu: Home to the Jhakhu Temple – dedicated to Lord Hanuman Chail: A tranquil hill station with popular for its lush forests.
- Kufri: A hill station near Shimla, popular as a winter sports and wildlife destination.
|Day||Day Plan||Travel Time|
|Day 1||Chandigarh to Manali and rest||8-9 hrs|
|Day 2||Local sightseeing- Hidimba Temple, Manu Temple, Mall Road, Van Vihar, Old Manali||3-4 hrs|
|Day 3||Local Sightseeing- Solang Valley, Atal Tunnel, Rohang (If permits are available), Vashisth, Jogni Water Falls||5-6 hrs|
|Day 4||Manali to Shimla via Naggar (Castle and Art Gallery)||7-8 hrs|
|Day 5||Local Sightseeing- Mall Road, Ridge, Jhakhu Temple, Viceregal Lodge, Church||4-5 hrs|
|Day 6||Drive to Chail, Cricket Ground, Kufri, Chini Bungalow, Himalayan National Park and back||3-4 hrs|
|Day 7||Shimla to Chandigarh- trip ends||4-5 hrs|
Your trip includes:
Your trip excludes:
Here is the ultimate packing list for your Himachal trip.
If you are travelling the in winter – please carry