Left Bank Homestay Trek
One of the most beautiful treks in Spiti valley which takes you through some of the highest villages in the world. Witness some of the most scenic views of valley surrounded with snow covered peaks. Experience life at such high altitudes where people are disconnected from the rest of the world for almost half the year in the winters.
This trek starts in the beautiful village of Langza, famous for its fossils, and takes you through the villages of Hikkim, Komic, Demul, Lahlung and Dhankar ending in Kaza. Being a homestay trek, it is perfect for beginners and novices to trekking. Your local guide will be there with you every step of the way to guide you and provide you with some unforgettable local experiences.
May till October
Easy to moderate. Steep descent with gravel towards the end.
You have to acclimate in Kaza for 2 days before starting the trek.
Day 01– Kaza to Langza and then to Hikkim and Komic
We head to Langza this morning from Kaza by car and start the trek to Komic. This day we shall keep it easy. Spend some time at Hikkim and meet the post master of Hikkim. Send some postcards from here to your loved ones. Finally to Komic. Enjoy your first homestay experience and spend sometime making dinner with your host family.
Day 02– Komic to Demul
Take the morning easy with the local family and have a nice breakfast. Today is a longer day so pace yourself on the trek. Head towards Demul this morning. You will get some of the most amazing views this day. Reach Demul and relax. In the evening you can go for a village walk and find about the local solar and sustaniability initiatives.
Day 03– Demul to Lahlung via Rama
This day will be a little tough as we shall head towards Lahlung. The trek will start with a steep descent and then an ascent from Rama village to Lahlung. This village of Lahlung is also home to a 1000 yr old monastery, known as the Sherkhang Monastery. Some people say that this monastery is as old as the Tabo Monastery. Walk to the monastery in the evening.
Day 04– Lahlung to Kaza via Dhankar
Take the morning easy and start the hike to Dhankar this morning. This day will call for some steep hike in the beginning and then gradual descent via a short visit the Dhankar Lake. As you reach Dhankar, expect to get the most beautiful view of the monastery. Spend some time in Dhankar, visit the monastery before your head to Kaza by car. Trip ends today.
* All meals on Day 2 and 3 as stated in the plan
* Stay in a homestay on Day 1, 2 and 3 as stated in the plan
* Local Trekking guide from Day 1 till Day 4
* Any kind of insurance and emergency cost
* Any monument entry fees and camera fees
* Any personal expenses
* Flight/train/bus tickets to Chandigarh, Delhi, Manali or back
A list of must carry items for any wilderness trek. This list contains items that are essential and you cannot do without. The list excludes those items which are provided by us at Incredible Spiti during the trek.
1. Rucksack (40L or 60L) with rain cover.
2. Day Pack – Recommended for day hikes and the Left Bank Trek
3. Head Torch with spare Batteries
4. UV protection sunglasses.
5. Water Bottles: 2 reusable bottles of 1 liter each
6. Non-skid, deep treaded, high-ankle trekking shoes
7. Pair of lightweight Slipper/Sandals
8. Quick Dry Warm lower or Track Pants
9. Full sleeves T-shirts/ Sweatshirts. 1 for every 2 days of trekking
10. Pair of thick woolen socks. 1 pair for every two days of trekking
11. Thermal Body warmer Upper & Lower
12. Undergarments. 1 for every day of trekking
13. Warm jacket closed at wrist & neck
14. Full-sleeved sweater
15. Rain wear (Jacket & Pants )
16. Pair of waterproof, lined warm gloves
17. Woolen cap
18. Sun shielding Hat
19. Personal toiletries kit (Small quick dry towel, Toilet paper, paper soap, antifungal powder, toothbrush, toothpaste, cold cream, sunscreen, lip balm etc.)
20. Prescription medications if any
21. Hiking pole
22. Dry fruits/ personal snacks