Mountain Magic - Tirthan and Lahaul
Explore the offbeat destinations of Tirthan and Lahaul. This trip is ideal for nature lovers as you have plenty of changes to go on hikes and explore virgin forests and mountainscapes.
Two off the beaten path destinations in Himachal Pradesh, each offering one of a kind experiences to travellers.
- Jalori Pass: A high mountain pass at 3200 meters, beloved by trekkers, mountain enthusiasts, and riders.
- Serolsar Lake: Located 5 km from Jalori Pass, this serene lake has crystal-clear water and is associated with the local goddess Budhi Nagin.
- Jhibi Waterfall: A popular tourist spot just a 1 km hike from Jhibi market.
- Chaini Fort: Accessible via a 3-4 hour trek from Jhibi village, Chaini Fort features an ancient structure influenced by Chinese art and archaeology, with guided treks available.
- Solang Valley: Famous for skiing in winter and adventure sports like paragliding and zorbing in summer.
- Atal Tunnel: World’s highest single-tube tunnel above 10,000 feet. Sissu: A Lahaul village known for its waterfall and popular as a day trip from Manali.
- Jispa: Small village on the Leh-Manali highway, often a stopover for travelers en route to Leh.
- Shinkula Pass: Connects Lahaul, Spiti, and Zanskar Valley, open in summer, snow-covered in winter.
- Suraj Taal: High-altitude lake (4,883 m) near Baralacha La, a must-visit destination.
- Deepak Taal: Lake located 20 km ahead of Jispa, at an altitude of 3,750 m, on the way to Baralacha La.
- Baralacha Pass: A high mountain pass in the Zanskar range of Northern-India connecting Lahaul district in Himachal Pradesh to Leh district in Ladakh
|Day||Day Plan||Travel Time|
|Day 1||Chandigarh to Tirthan via Mandi||6-7 hrs|
|Day 2||Drive to Jalori Pass, hike to Serolsar Lake, if possible. Hike Jibhi Waterfall on your way back||4-5 hrs|
|Day 3||Day hike to Chaini Fort/ Raghupur Fort Hike OR go for Angling and relax next to river||3-4 hrs|
|Day 4||Tirthan to Jispa via Solang valley, Atal Tunnel, Sissu||7-8 hrs|
|Day 5||Day visit- Surajtal, Deepaktal, Baralacha Pass (if accessible)||4-5 hrs|
|Day 6||Jispa to Manali via Keylong, Trilokinath, Tandi, Shashur Gompa, Gondla Fort, Sissu Waterfall||5-6 hrs|
|Day 7||Manali to Chandigarh via Mandi||8-9 hrs|
Your trip includes:
Your trip excludes:
Here is the ultimate packing list for your Himachal trip.
If you are travelling the in winter – please carry