Hill Station Trio - Dharamshala,
Shimla and Manali
Experience the Peaceful Retreat of Dharamshala with its Tibetan influence, the Colonial Charm of Shimla with its heritage buildings and breathtaking landscapes, and the Adventure Paradise of Manali appealing to nature lovers and adventure seekers alike make for one exhilarating trip.
Experience the best of tranquility, adventure and heritage in one trip exploring Himachal’s best hill stations.
- Dharamshala: Tibetan culture hub and home to the Dalai Lama in exile.
- Mcleodganj: Quaint town near Dharamshala, known for Tibetan influence.
- H.H. Temple: Historic temple in Mcleodganj dedicated to Tibetan culture.
- Dharamkot: Peaceful village near Mcleodganj, ideal for meditation and nature.
- Manali Mall Road: A popular tourist spot in Himachal known for souvenir shopping and diverse street food options.
- Hidimba Temple: Ancient cave temple dedicated to Hidimbi Devi, surrounded by a cedar forest and built on a large rock.
- Vashisht: Village near Manali famous for its sulphurous hot water springs and three main temples.
- Atal Tunnel: The world’s highest single-tube tunnel above 10,000 feet.
- Solang Valley: Ski resort in winter and adventure sports destination in summer, offering activities like parachuting and paragliding.
- Rohtang Pass: An ancient trade route connecting Kullu Valley with Lahaul and Spiti Valleys, open from May to November.
- Naggar: Former capital of Kullu valley with Naggar Castle, now a heritage hotel, and the Nicholas Roerich museum showcasing his paintings.
- Shimla: Queen of Hill Stations with historic buildings and colonial charm.
- Viceregal Lodge: Also known as the Rashtrapati Niwas it is a stately colonial-era building in Shimla.
- Jhakhu: Home to the Jhakhu Temple – dedicated to Lord Hanuman
- Chail: A tranquil hill station with popular for its lush forests.
- Kufri: A hill station near Shimla, popular as a winter sports and wildlife destination.
|Day||Day Plan||Travel Time|
|Day 1||Chandigarh to Dharamshala/ Mcleodganj and rest||6-7 hrs|
|Day 2||Local sightseeing- His Holiness Temple, Mall Road, Dharamkot, Market, St John in the Wilderness||4-5 hrs|
|Day 3||Local sightseeing- Dal Lake, Karmapa Temple, Norbulinka Institute||4-5 hrs|
|Day 4||Dharamshala to Manali via Mandi||7-8 hrs|
|Day 5||Local sightseeing- Hidimba Temple, Manu Temple, Mall Road, Van Vihar, Old Manali||3-4 hrs|
|Day 6||Local Sightseeing- Solang Valley, Atal Tunnel, Rohang (If permits are available), Vashisth, Jogni Water Falls||5-6 hrs|
|Day 7||Manali to Shimla via Naggar (Castle and Art Gallery)||7-8 hrs|
|Day 8||Local Sightseeing- Mall Road, Ridge, Jhakhu Temple, Viceregal Lodge, Church||4-5 hrs|
|Day 9||Drive to Chail, Cricket Ground, Kufri, Chini Bungalow, Himalayan National Park and back||3-4 hrs|
|Day 10||Shimla to Chandigarh- trip ends||4-5 hrs|
Your trip includes:
Your trip excludes:
Here is the ultimate packing list for your Himachal trip.
If you are travelling the in winter – please carry